Did You Know...?
- 35 million Americans are "True Greens"
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the major contributor to global warming
- CO2 is at its highest measured level (Antarctic ice cores) in 480,000 years
- CO2 levels are expected to more than double by the end of the century
- The 11 hottest years on record have occurred since 1990
- The rate of temperature increase is expected to triple by 2100
- Residential windows account for 10 to 25 percent of home heating and cooling energy costs
- Approximately 2 lbs of CO2 are created for every kilowatt hour of energy produced from coal or natural gas
What we can do to prevent environmental degradation?
- Each 0.01 U-Value improvement in your windows can save up to 400 lbs of CO2 per home/per year
- Each reduction of 0.1 SHGC can save up to 200 lbs of CO2 per home/per year
- Windows that last 20 years can save up to 16 tons of CO2 production in an average home
- It takes three full-grown trees one year to absorb one ton of CO2 (one typical home)
- The best warm edge spacer – Heatseal™–can improve total U-Values by up to 0.04 and save almost 1,600 lbs of CO2 production in energy
costs per year in an average home
- If every home in America had Heatseal™ warm edge spacers, we could save the environment over 58 million tons of CO2 pollution
OKNA Windows spacers insulate the edge of the glass better than solid foam or metal spacers. Better insulating spacers improve the
temperature of the glass, and warmer glass makes you feel more comfortable while using less energy and producing less carbon dioxide
Also, our spacers improve the total U-Value for your windows, which reduces heat loss and saves money on energy bills.
Heatseal™ spacers can save the environment from 1,200 to 1,600 lbs of CO2 per year for a typical home.