|According to the 2006 IRC-International Residential Code
requirements, egress windows and wells are required under the
- If you add a bedroom a basement, an egress window must be
installed in that bedroom.
- If you create a habitable space in your basement and you
currently do not have an egress window, one must be included with
the installation of the habitable room.
|Premier Heavy Duty Window Well (BE- 1000 U)
Features and Specifications:
- Base material: 18 gauge steel
- G-90 Galvanized coating
- Available as galvanized with white finish coating
- 3/4 roll top with plastic cap strip on top of well
- Pre-punched flange
- 24" or greater projection meets most egress code requirements.
Consult local codes before ordering.
- Buck mount designed to anchor to the concrete wall
- Wall mount designed to anchor to the bolts provide in the
- 36" or greater projection meets 2006 IRC 310.2 code
Winyl Window Well (BE- 1000W)
BE-1000W offers many custom possibilities. You're not limited to a
set height. Make your well as short or as high as you need. A
typical installation uses four sections and is made easy with
simple, snap-together construction. BE-1000W is designed for
windows up to 4-foot wide. Each section weighs only 24 pounds and
is easy to transport.