According to the 2006 IRC-International Residential Code
requirements, egress windows and wells are required under the
- If you add a bedroom a basement, an egress window
must be installed in that bedroom.
- If you create a habitable space in your basement
and you currently do not have an egress window, one
must be included with the installation of the habitable
Premier Heavy Duty Window Well (BE- 1000 U)
Features and Specifications:
- Base material: 18 gauge steel
- G-90 Galvanized coating
- Available as galvanized with white
- 3/4 roll top with plastic cap strip
on top of well
- Pre-punched flange
- 24" or greater projection meets
most egress code requirements. Consult
local codes before ordering.
- Buck mount designed to anchor to
the concrete wall
- Wall mount designed to anchor to
the bolts provide in the window frames
- 36" or greater projection meets
2006 IRC 310.2 code requirements
Winyl Window Well (BE- 1000W)
BE-1000W offers many custom possibilities.
You're not limited to a set height. Make your
well as short or as high as you need. A typical
installation uses four sections and is made
easy with simple, snap-together construction.
BE-1000W is designed for windows up to 4-foot
wide. Each section weighs only 24 pounds and is
easy to transport.